Monday, July 2, 2012

First Week in school

So we have finished our first week in school full time. I don't know why, but going full time was a harder transition than starting part time. I think it is because I knew he would be home the next day with one of us. But now, he is going all week. I really like the school he is in and they have good records for having kids prepared for kindergarden. I have learned that I am a mom that needs coddled. I need you come talk to me when I pick him  up, I need to hear how he did and what he did, not just a check mark on a form, and I don't feel that I get that here. I think it is because part of me still sees him as my sick little boy, but here none knows the sick baby. He has been healthy and has minimal limitations, so they don't see him the same way. He will probably be thirty, married with kids and I will still see him as needing special care. Look out future daughter in law! :) But aside from my needs, they meet his very well. Though things are different in Texas. They can have up to 16 kids to 2 adults. So he doesn't get the one on one he was getting in Kansas. We also moved up an age group here, so before he would have been in a 5 to 1 ratio. I feel that is a big difference, but they try to keep it closer to 10 to 2. He is sleeping though the whole nap time on a mat (!) and eating lunch like crazy, often multiple helpings.

Last week was kinda crazy. I started work and everyone got sick. Just yucky GI stuff, but first lil M, then Mario and then me. Of course my first week I couldn't stay home and wasn't really sick enough to worry about getting others sick, but I still felt bad and couldn't eat much. Luckily Lil M was ok enough by Monday to make it through school. I am hoping this week we can get into more of a routine, but with July 4 on Wednesday I don't think that is going to happen.

I will post more pictures after the 4th! Have a safe and happy holiday!

Studying with Dad

Lounging on the couch, Love that BELLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment